Risk Warning pursuant to Civil Liability Act 2002 (section 5M)
This is a physically demanding event and requires training and fitness. It is a recreational activity that involves a significant risk of impairment of a participant's physical or mental condition, and of pre-natal injury.
There are additional risks of injury, including from sharp objects, uneven terrain, obstacles, other competitors and exposure to the elements.
In participating in this event, you declare that you are physically fit to proceed on the day and that you are not aware of any medical condition, impairment, disease, illness or any other reason why you should not attempt the event. You should have a medical check prior to entry, and prepare for the event by training.
Agreement Waiver and Indemnity
- I agree that my participation in the Bondi Barefoot is at my own risk. I acknowledge the above risk warning.
- I release the North Bondi Surf Life Saving Club Inc, its officers, agents, representatives, members, event sponsors, Waverley Council and their successors & assigns, from any claims of any kind arising from personal injury, death or property damage arising in the course of participating in this event.
- I also agree to indemnify North Bondi Surf Life Saving Club Inc, as well as its officers, agents, representatives, members, event sponsors, Waverley Council and their successors & assigns, from any claims made against them arising from personal injury, death or property damage caused to another person by me in the course my participation in this event.
- I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered discretion of the Race Medical Officials and Lifesavers in the event of any injury, accident or illness to me as the result of my participation in the event.
- I consent to the free use of my name or photograph in any newspaper, promotional advertising material, video or telecast taken by North Bondi SLSC and/or its sponsor.
- I affirm that I have properly trained for and fully satisfied myself as to my physical and medical condition to compete in the event.
- I agree to abide by and accept the rules and regulations of the event whether announced on the day or prior thereto and to accept the decisions of the Race Committee.
- I acknowledge that I have received a risk warning in relation to the recreational activity, and while lifesaving services will be present on the beach , my condition and progress in the race cannot be individually monitored.
- I acknowledge that the swims are recreational activities and that, notwithstanding recreational services are supplied to me, I participated in the run at my own risk.
Signed Dated Indemnity in respect of persons under 18 years.
In consideration of the North Bondi SLSC BondiBarefoot Committee agreeing at my request to accept the applicant entry I agree for myself, my heirs, Executors and Administrators to indemnify and keep indemnified the aforesaid indemnities against all actions, suits, claims, proceedings, demands, costs, expense, liabilities or judgements which the applicant and I may have against all actions, suits, claims, proceedings, demands, costs, expense, liabilities or judgements which the applicant and I may have against the Indemnities but for these presents in respect of the applicants participation in the event. I aff rm that I have full authority on behalf of both parents and/or guardian to sign this indemnity. AND that indemnity may be pleaded as bar to any action, claim, demand, suit or legal proceedings.
The decision of the Race Referee is final. Protests must be made in writing to the Race Referee within 30 minutes of completion of the event.
The Race Committee reserves the right to cancel the Race due to dangerous conditions. In the event of cancellation, there will be NO REFUND of entry fee and the event will NOT be re-run. Proceeds from the day go to North Bondi SLSC. A decision will be made ASAP on Race day and broadcast on 2GB radio, and via www.bondibarefoot.com